Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Review: Die Again by Tess Gerritsen

Rizzoli and Isles are investigating the brutal death of a big game hunter/taxidermist and the stolen snow leopard pelt taken from him.  In their investigation, they find a very unusual killer who may have been active for years throughout the country, preying on hikers and isolated people.  Then they find that it may be connected to a 6 year old Interpol case where an entire tourist party was massacred  except for one lone survivor.

Millie is the survivor from Botswana, and she has been brought to Boston to help them catch the killer.

I really enjoyed this book.  It shifts from first person POV (Millie's account of the Botswana expedition) and 3rd person POV - the current investigation.  I know some people don't like that sort of thing, but I don't mind it.  In this case particularly, I like the story told from Millie's POV, because it feels more real.

Additionally, I liked the narrator as well

2 comments:

  1. That's a terrifying idea: someone preying on hikers or campers. My husband and I hiked to the bottom of the G.C. and at one point were fairly isolated at night in our tent....*shudder*.

    This story sounds chilling. And I enjoy POV switches too, as long as they're done well. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when I was a kid, there were some girl scouts killed camping in OK. I used to go to summer camp a lot and backpacking and stuff with the girl scouts. The good thing is, there was no 24/7 news and ignorance was bliss

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...