Monday, October 30, 2017

Halloween and movies

One of the things I really love about Halloween time is the availablity of fun horror movies to watch.  Often things like Dracula and various Vincent Price movies (LOVE The Tingler).  Or maybe An American Werewolf in London -- one of my all time favorite movies. 

This weekend was a mix

One was House of Dark Shadows which sort of condenses and reimagines much of the tv show.  I love Dark Shadows and when a LONG time ago the SYFY channel (formerly SCIFI) showed Dark Shadows in its entirety.  I recorded it every day on good ole VHS tapes and watched it all.  So so fun.  That said, it has been ages since I watched the movie.  Wow - what a body count.  Condensing the show show much more of the dark Barnabas Collins rather the conflicted one.

Then I watched Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.  more fun than I expected.  

And finally, M (the remake - not Fritz Lang's brilliant one).  It was good.  They explained on TNT that they tried to use more modern psychology (1950-ish) for the murdered in an effort to explain the compulsion etc...  BUT the psychology was outdated and didn't make as much sense.  Solid acting and interesting idea to have the mob hunting down the killer etc... but just not as horrifying IMHO as the original.

So almost Halloween now and probably won't have much time to watch any others.  After all, I still need to watch last night's Walking Dead (I lost power for a few hours last night).

But hey - I still love the movies this time of year and have filled up my DVR with a lot of them so I can keep watching...

Terri

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter WAS a nice surprise! I don't know how creeped out you like to get, but if you REALLY want that feeling, watch Under the Skin. If you've never heard of it, I reviewed the book & movie a few months back: https://wordpress.com/post/staceyebryan.wordpress.com/2026

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. READ Under The Skin -- Really Should see the movie. It was a great book and very creepy

      Delete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...