Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Guest Blogger - Ritaestelle Christiano

¨Ẅhat´s on your mind?¨

When Pam and Terri initially asked me to share some thoughts on their new segment, ¨What´s On Your Mind¨, my first thought was, ¨who has time to sit down and think about what they are thinking about?!¨ Seriously true and I bet many of you understand what I am saying!

Our lives get so very busy with so many activities, chores and fun stuff that sometimes we find we really are not paying attention.  We don´t know what´s on our minds because we are so busy doing and working!  Who has time to think!?! Lol! Yes, sounds funny but isn´t it true?

I find myself so often running around like a chicken without a head trying to get things done in the house if I have to go out to a meeting or do errands or take my husband, Bob, to a doctorś appointment that I almost have. at times, forgot to take off my slippers and put on my shoes before leaving the house! What was I thinking?  I have to pay attention!!

I so enjoy getting up very early in the morning before the day actually begins to have that much needed quiet time to pause and meditate, pray and think actual thoughts - sometimes profound - and somehow, sometimes that precious quiet time becomes intruded upon with my thoughts about my schedule: things I must get done that day!

So I say, ¨Thank you!!” to Pam and Terri for getting me to sit down and actually think my thoughts!  To take this time to really reflect on what´s on my mind and even if my mind is currently moving on to the next thought and activity (laundry is calling!), I am grateful for every opportunity to just sit and think.

So my challenge to you (you know who you are!) and to me is to take some time for ourselves and dip some chocolate into your hot tea, put up your feet and throw a cozy afghan over you and dream your dreams and think your beautiful thoughts and be in the moment!!  Let´s look for more opportunities to be in the moment, to pay attention, to be.  And don´t forget to put your shoes on before you leave the house!  :)

7 comments:

  1. Wise words! AND I just dipped some chocolate in my tea in honor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food for thought Ritaestelle!
      Nice addition to your blog Pam and Terri!
      Glenda

      Delete
    2. Would love for you to do one too Glenda!

      Delete
    3. Oooooooo, isn't it yuuuummy and it sweetens the tea!!!?!! ;DD

      Ritaestelle

      Delete
  2. Thank you for making my day. Thank you for agreeing to blog for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My pleasure and, might I say, anytime!!

    Ritaestelle

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...