Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Review: The Secrets of my Life by Caitlyn Jenner

The story of Caitlyn Jenner's story of gender dysphoria and transition from Olympic Medalist, Bruce to her authentic self.Due to Bruce's celebrity, we watched from the POV of paparazzis and rumors for years until she "came out" with Diane Sawyer and Vanity Fair.  Then of course, we had two seasons of I am Cait where she tried to tell her story and learn lessons along the way.  It is a very personal book.  I am not sure how well she explains her issues with gender overall, but she tries to be honest and share her pain and fears and relief and growth.  The main point being to see her for the person she is.  I enjoyed the read but felt like a lot of others' pain might have been glossed over a bit but I think we need to read the story to understand a life much more complicated than we thought.

I remember the Wheaties box and the BIG DEAL of Bruce Jenner breaking the record and all of that -- I was a kid.  It is very interesting and sad to see how conflicted and unhappy he was.  You never know what goes on behind closed doors....

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...