Skip to main content

September Plot

Today I want to discuss what type of cozies you like to read in the month of September? I would really love some feedback this week on the topic.
We know that at Christmas most cozies readers like to read Christmas Mysteries (if they have time to read during this month), and September is a transition month celebrating the end of summer and the beginning of our Fall Season.
Do you like to read culinary mysteries during this month? Maybe you like mysteries with a fall setting? Some of the types of mysteries I like to read in September revolve around Hair and fashion so maybe that is why KILLER CUTS by Elaine Viets is currently filling my taste for a makeover this month.

I am sure that my next stop is to the library for a Laura Levine and Ellen Byerum, I also like mysteries that are historical ,which I've taken care of by ordering inter-library loan, Kerry Greenwood's series. Of course this month also covered Bed-n-breakfast mysteries. Mary Daheim is the Queen of the bed-n-breakfast mysteries. I read Vi-agra - Falls and it was pretty hysterical.

To say I've had a splendid reading month is probably an understatement. Now to my original question.....

What type of mysteries do you like to read in September? The reason I added culinary mysteries is that when I think of fall I think of baked apples, pumpkin bread, soups, stews and spice cake.

Maybe I should also ask what is your favorite fall recipe to eat, make or bake?

Hugs,
Pamela

Comments

  1. I find myself heading more toward the classics - Agatha Christie, Mary Roberts Rinehart, Margaret Erskine, Josephine Tey, Patricia Wentworth. I do like the culinary mysteries because of course I have to bulk up to hibernate for the winter with my books so it only follows that I want some more recipes to cook. LOL. Pumpkin scones, Guiness Stew, Corn and Crab chowder are all dancing around in my head for the next cold, rainy, windy days. I'm looking forward to a hot cup of something with a yummy baked good to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna hang out with Mare. I like hot somethings with baked goods too! Pumpkin bread, snickerdoodle cookies, cinnemon rolls, big pots of chili or vegetable beef stew/soup. Okay now I'm making myself salivate. LOL
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. During this time of the year,like the rest of the year, I don't graviate to any particular type of cozy. I do enjoy fall ones though, so if I find one that I like a lot, I'm bound to read it.
    Mare, if you invite me over for food and I'm in the neighborhood, then I mostly like will say yes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Upside Down Post

Upside Down Post:







Yurn your frown upside down into a smile as this post is for those who do not enjoy the family gatherings at Christmas. You know who you are and why but today I thought it would be fun to have a little fun.






This is a "Would you rather" reply when someone asks what you would rather do get through the holidays than spend it with family?






1. I'd rather drop a house on my sister.


2. Have a root canal


3. Eat fruitcake even the store bought kind.


4. Have my neighbor tell me about her colon in great detail


5. Dust


6. Watch my cat chase and kill a mouse


7. Hear the neighbor's dogs barking all night long.


8. Shovel snow


9. Open my prezzies and discover everyone sent me clothes two sizes too small. What is family for but to get the sizes wrong even after they call and ask.


10. I'd rather read a good murder mystery set at Christmas this would make it a killer holiday for me.


Okay you all come up with your own funny list and I can't wait to see what you have. Oh one…

An Interview with Frances Brody

MM: Frances, give us the back story on how and when you became an author?
I started by telling stories. I’d walk home from school with a friend and spin some tale that would last till the parting of our ways at the corner shop. In my twenties, I wrote stories that were published in magazines and broadcast on BBC Radio. I then wrote radio and theatre plays and scripts for television. My first novel was based on stories told to me by my mother.
MM: Tell us about what you are currently writing and what has been released?
I’m editing the eighth Kate Shackleton novel, Death at the Seaside. My setting is Whitby on the North Yorkshire coast. Whitby is where Bram Stoker has Count Dracula land in the Russian ship Demeter in the shape of a black dog. Dracula doesn’t appear in my story. But if he did, Kate Shackleton and her trusty assistants, Jim Sykes and Mrs Sugden, would deal with him.My latest release in the US is Kate Shackleton #5, Murder on a Summer’s Day. In the UK, it’s #7, A Death in the…

Review - Yellow as Legal Pads by Fran Stewart

Biscuit and Bob are on their honeymoon when Bob tries to help someone dying with resuscitation efforts that leave him poisoned and in ICU.

The story time hops a lot and introduces a lot of characters and isn't really your typical amateur sleuth asking questions all over town.

It is a series of pieces out of the life of the Holvers family and events that led to the current situation she and Bob are in.

It is interesting and complex at times but satisfying as the pieces come together.

I saw several reviews where the number of characters and time hopping frustrated readers and I admit, I had to pause a few times to make sure I was in tune to everything going on, but I thought it was fun a non-traditional which was a bit refreshing.

Terri