Tuesday, June 8, 2010

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY VERSES YOUR CHILDHOOD CANDY:


WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CANDY
VERSES YOUR CHILDHOOD CANDY:

When I was a child I took candy for granted. I love life savers, bit o' honey, lemon drops, sweet tarts and malted milk balls.
Then when I was a teen I went through a phase of sunflower seeds (not candy I know) and sugar daddy suckers.
Asa young adult I mostly didn't eat candy except peanut brittle at Christmas but I always took it for granted that the same candy would still be there waiting to welcome me back.
Somehow through the years I have noticed that candy has changed....well at least for me it has changed. The candy I can still find from my childhood no longer taste the same nor does it appear to be the same quanity. I am thrilled to be able to report that pixie stix still taste the same and are out there to buy. Lemon drops no longer have quite the same taste but they are still around as is malted milk balls.
What are/were some of your favorite candies and have they changed over the years? Can you still find your favorites? Do they look the same in size color and texture?
Now candy bars I can find but my favorite is still Hershey Milk Chocolate Bars however since they came out with white chocolate cookie and cream I now have two favorites. I used to love Zero Bars and I still like Milky Way Bars.
My husband likes Snickers and Reeces cups and I do have a fondness for Reeces.
When I go to the movies (which doesn't happen often) or when I watch a marathon of movies I like Hot Tamales but often we they are not as easy to come by here as they once were.
I'm not as big on candy as I used to be mainly because of my waistline. Once in a while I like a trip down memory lane and candy will bring back many memories of summer days riding my bike and eating a hershey bar or climbing a tree away from my little sister so I didn't have to share my candy bar with her. LOL
What candy sends you down memory lane? Candy Korn always reminds me of Halloween and peanut brittle reminds me of Christmas Eve....
Happy Memories
Pam

6 comments:

  1. I ate a lot more candy as a kid than I do now. My sweet tooth is not very strong actually. But that said, as a kid, jelly beans, three musketeers, candy corn, reeses, hersheys kisses. anything cherry...

    Now - probably twix, skittles, jelly beans and M&Ms.

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in Brooklyn in the 50's we had candy/soda shop stores... We would get penny candies and such... chocolate babies, candy buttons and a ton I can't even remember..

    Then you had the wrapped candy bars, snickers, 3 musketeers, Hershey's all for 5 cents each. Those same bars are now smaller by weight and cost about a dollar. That's inflation at work. With all the caps I have in my mouth now, I've had to give up eating most of the gooey candy bars that I still love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was younger I liked dots & juicy fruit candies. My newest favorite is Hershey's Special Dark Kisses. They are wonderful and after eating only 3 of them, I feel like I've had enough chocolate.
    MaryC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bit o'Honey then and now. Spicey jelly beans and Fire Hot Tamales. Chocolate is not a candy --It is a lifeline!

    Maribeth
    Giggles and Guns

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to mention in the blog how much I used to love Heath Bars. I haven't had one in a while but I still love to et them and I don't think the taste has changed from my childhood. Candy does bring back childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when penny candies were a penny and you could get a bag full with a dime. My all-time favorite candies were Hot Tamales, Red Hots and Lemonheads.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...