Thursday, July 8, 2010

An Interview with Pamela James

To celebrate Pamela's birthday month, we are going to get to know her a little better...

1. You have had a bumpy period for a bit writing-wise. Anything you have learned from it? And what are you working on now? That people can suck your writing time dry and that you have to stick to a writing schedule. That writer’s block can be circumstance oriented and that a bad book published is worse than not publishing a book.
2. Who are some of your favorite writers these days? Christopher Fowler is by far my favorite male author he writes with such fluid and vivid words that it’s a gift to read any of his books. Other favorite writers are Julie Hyzy (she is such a great author), Lorna Barrett aka Lorraine Bartlett (she just doesn’t write a bad book) Laura Levine (I read her series when I am stressed she just makes me laugh outloud) Carolyn Hart (I started reading the american cozy with her and I’ll read her until one of us dies)

3. Travel Dreams? I want to go to Italy and since I’m Italian it fits. In the USA Washington DC and New York.

Favorites you have been? Hands down it’s New Orleans.Fantasy of where you would like to go? My fanstasy vacation is Cape Cod I think I could write a really good cozy set there.

4. Do you ever experiment with your reading tastes and try new things? Always and lately I like humorous mysteries with a sexy twist but I also love to read mysteries set in the 1940’s.
5. What do you think people would be most surprised if they knew you read and loved it? Probably that sometimes I read trashy novels and love them. I also read true crime and am an avid reader of any Jack The Ripper book so from Bodice ripper to Jack the Ripper that’s me.
6. We know you love to stitch - what other hobbies do you have or want to learn? I do tombstone etchings and I am an oil painter. I would love to quilt my I think I will have to take a class.
7. Favorite Piece you have ever stitched? My antique Santa Sampler comes to mind and also probably my current WIP which is a Cat Noir Picture.
8. Favorite movies? I love Murder On The Orient Express, Funny Farm, A Christmas Story, White Christmas, any Midsumer Murder Movie, Evil Under The Sun, The Apartment, Fortune Cookie, Working Girl, You’ve Got Mail , Shining Through and Hocus Pocus.

9. What book(s) would you like to see on film or tv? Let’s see Bubble In Trouble by Sarah Strothmeyer, Killer Insight by Victoria Laurie, Eggsecutive Orders by Julie Hyzy, The Christie Caper by Carolyn Hart, Grace Under Pressure by Julie Hyzy, The Victoria Vanishes by Christopher Fowler.
10. Worst book you ever read? I’ve read plenty of them...
11. Favorite music?Jazz rock-n-roll and music from the 70’s.
12. Favorite foods? Chicken (made any way), Chinese Food, Peach cobbler, coconut cream pie, pumpkin bread, sugar cookies.
13. Favorite family memory?The Christmas the family puppy opened most of the presents then greeted us with a sticky bow on his nose and my new watch between his teeth.
14. Favorite friend memory? When Glenda and attended an RWA Convention in Kansas City. I’ll say no more.
15. Best thing you ever learned from your writing mentor? That you are never too old to be published. Monette Cummings was my mentor.
16. What you would like to share with others from your writing experiences? Read and then read some more, do your research and above all never lose faith in your writing, keep going no matter what but most of all never be afraid to express yourself.
17. What is the worst movie you have ever seen? I will never tell! LOL
18. Favorite scents? Pumpkin, Vanilla, peach cobbler, lilac and orange scent.
19. Fantasy pair of shoes? Red Velvet heels
20. Fantasy writing partner? Lorraine Bartlett, Katherine Hall Page, Sue Grafton, Kate Kingsbury and Mary Daheim.

2 comments:

  1. It is so nice to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the movie Shining Through! I haven't seen it in ages. Now, you do realize that I'll be picturing you listening to jazz, eating Chinese food, and drinking coffee out of your color coordinated cup. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...