Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Words Word Work

WORDS WORD WORK:







What words would you like to drop from your vocabulary? If words are our canvas then I am in trouble. I have to say it all started with the word so because we I talk I use so or soooo (to drag out my meaning) and have been known when reflecting on a person of whose real name I don't want to use as so and so.....






What are some of your catch words that you would like to quit using or maybe you realized later that you didn't use that word in the proper context?


Another one for me is (But) "But I said, but I meant, but but but) and I might add I probably need to learn some new words and their meaning as I seem to use the same words over and over which of course if I notice this problem then I am sure other people notice it even more.






I'm afraid that my canvas might be a picture of a cloudy day. I say this because sometimes my words get in the way of th real meaning of my conversation.






Then of course we have the pesky words (the ones that end in ING), for the most part they can make your meaning and conversations weak.


Tell us what words you struggle with and how you feel about your canvas of words today.


Hugs,


Pamela

3 comments:

  1. I say you know too much. I hate it. But it is NOT as bad as it used to be

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to be more prolific about finding new words to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the website, go day to see him ever again post. Congratulations and published as yet.
    How about the article, is that other, very interesting.Maybe you'd let you comment on my site.
    Anyway, blog is great. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...