Thursday, March 3, 2011

Movie Review - Amelia

Title: AMELIA



Headline stars: Hillary Swank & Richard Gere






Ameila Earhart is from Kansas and she wants to fly planes. She does indeed start a career in avation and flies planes.






In this movie Ameila works her way up the career chain one flight at a time. She loves flying planes she loves being in the air and has never felt such freedom. When George Putnam the world renowed publisher comes to Ameila with a deal she does take the deal but with reservations. We Ameila making compromises for her career. We find her a wife to George and she is a lover to another pilot. Ameila lives life on her own terms and she does it with clarity. For every choice she makes she is willing to suffer the consequences. She sees the world from the skies and no matter the weather Ameila takes her landings as they comes.






This is a movie about a woman who was before her time and quite possibly the word "NO" never set her back once in her lifetime. It's not only about Ameila but also the men in her life and about character. Her character was that Ameila never met a challenge she didn't like and rise to conquer but I think watching this movie the Ameila's worst fear is probably that of bordum. She never wanted to be bored, have anyone take her for granted and she never wanted a routine life.


What she believed in most of all is that women SHOULD pursue their dreams and they might have doubts but that should never stop them for we all have doubts.


At the end of the movie it is quoted that "Dreams should never have boundries" I think that about sums it up for me.


No matter your age, your health, your lack of money or status.....do not ever let anything or anyone stand in the way of your dreams.






I really liked this movie but I do have to say I wish I had liked it just a tad more so I am giving it a a respectable 8 out of 10.


Hugs,


Pamela

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed it too. I particularly liked how Amelia had to "sell out" to merchandisers etc... to pay for her dreams. A story often repeated today....

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri,
    I agree with you it was one of the most interesting parts of the movie as to how they used her and she had to do things she didn't like to have her dream. I liked the movie but I came away with feeling like I never actually got to the real Amelia yet maybe I did and to me what made the whole move worth watching is that she never let anything or anyone stand in the way of her dreams.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...