Wednesday, November 30, 2011

On An Island


ON A ISLAND:

Sometimes I have too many wonderful books to read. So much so in fact that I may try to rush through a book just so I can get to run that I THINK is greener pastures...so in order to make myself slow down I think of myself stranded on an island and I only had sooo many books with me. You know the cruise ship wreck...LOL anyway on my island I am forced to slow and down and enjoy the book I am reading. This trick actually works for me......so today I want you to give us some of your reading tricks for stitcking with a book and enjoying the book as in not just racking up book titles so you have a huge number to list at the end of the year in your book journal.

Now this does not include library books that have a deadline as I have not ever figured a way around the hurry that might require a day or two bfore the book is due back to the library.

Hugs,

Pamela

2 comments:

  1. Do people actually read just for numbers? Seems bizarre. I read to escape and enjoy a story. I do not savor books -- I have had this discussion with my friends Andrea and Chris before. I don't have a desire to read slow. I jusactually tend to enjoy the page turners more anyway. That's actually how I know I really am loving a story. I keep reading and turning pages, anticipating and wanting to eat it up, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read to enjoy and when I become engrossed in a book that means I'm loving it and will be sad when it's over. But the beauty is that there's another book waiting its turn to bring me into the fold.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...