Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Self Doubt


Self Doubt:

 

I think one of the hardest things about being an author is the self doubt that can destroy you. I have been plauged with self doubt for a while now. Of course I have had a lot of self adjusting in my real life that has kept me away from my fictional life.

 

Today I have decided that maybe the way you look at it is simple. "Life is not a dress rehearsal" we don't know how many chances we have to write our stories. I think once this week is over and done maybe I should put me and my career first for a change. My writing career seems to go to the back burner as life has its speed bumps.

 

Each time I walk away from my fictional world it is harder to return to it. Plus for me I feel so removed from my author friends and their works of fiction. It's been quite a while since I have felt connected to another author. I live in the midwest and where I live can be hard to connect with other authors. So today I am going to try and reconnect with a life and people that have made me happy.

 

Life is too short to sit and second guess what might've happened, what could have been or will become of us in the future. I won't return two my two books that I am writing until Tuesday but making the choice to return is giving me the freedom to quit sitting this one out. Today I will do something I haven't done in months. I am going to visit other author blogs. I am always inspired and awed by the savvy authors who have blogs.

 

Meanwhile what is everyone reading and are you enjoying the book?

 

Hugs,

Pamela

1 comment:

  1. I think we all struggle with self doubt at different times but I do think you are right in that something sometimes needs to become a PRIORITY to make it happen. And you know I wish you luck going forwards.

    AS for reading - Affairs of Steak by Julie Hyzy

    Terri

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...