Friday, January 10, 2014

Guest Blogger- Sarah J. Pepper


Dark Fantasy & Romance: my forte.  


Why write this genre? I’ve been asked this question many times, most loudly and repeatedly by my mother. (after she read my first novel, which was an adult yum yum, Hot Tamale, read between the bed sheets kind of novel) “Sarah, what will people think?” she’d ask after finishing chapter 44, a ridiculous “stick your head in the freezer to cool down” chapter. My response? People will think my husband should write an American Kama Sutra. …she didn’t like the joke.



But, the truth is that I’ve always been writing love stories, even as a child. Any book I’ve ever read or movie I’ve seen, my imagination gets the best of me and goes then what? So did Cinderella find some new boss shoes to replace her glass ones? What happened to Prince Charming? What happened to the Little Mermaid? Did she love her life above sea or did she fall head over fin for a manlier mermaid? Did little Red Riding Hood find some new pet wolves? (or in my adult years: did Hood fall in love with a werewolf?) I think it’s a desperate cry for help, my imagination. But, I hate having a story end! Not only that, but I love when people fall in love (and out, but only for added drama).



Romance and all things fantasy will be the genre in which I write because my imagination will allow nothing else. 







1 comment:

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...