Monday, January 5, 2015

Review: Milwaukee Autumns can be Lethal - Kathleen Anne Barrett

Beth is a lawyer who writes briefs for other attorneys.  She goes to deliver one to Don (a lawyer she does work for) and finds him dead.  She decides it is up to her to solve the murder and goes about it with gusto.

The problem with writing a cozy is for the author to make the reason for investigating the crime believable.  After all, why not let the police do their job?

I liked most of the characters well enough in this book BUT that said, the enthusiasm with which they embrace Beth's involvement in the investigation really irritated me at times.  one friend of hers actually pumped fist in the air and exclaimed YES or something like that.  I found it off-putting.

Yet I can get past it if the story keeps me going.  And for the most part, it did.  But then, I felt the resolution didn't work either.  Where did the killer come from out of the story?  Were their clues? Maybe it was just me, but I missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...