Friday, October 9, 2015

Review: The Good Sister by Wendy Corsi Staub

Carley is a teen struggling with being bullied in school. Things become even worse when her (former) best friend seemingly commits suicide. Her mother, Jen struggles to help her and protect her while past events spur on more death.

First, I want to say normally I really enjoy Staub's books but this one just did not resonate with me. The killer was clearly insane though I had no idea who it was. That said, when the reveal came I was like - Oh. Ok, and didn't really care one way or the other.

I did like the characters, Carley, her sister Emma, Aunt Frankie especially. There was certainly a message about the dangers of predators using social media as well. It just didn't engross me like the others I have read by her.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...