Enjoy some Mayhem & Magic!

Our blog is meant to evoke fun with the magic of myths, folklore, movies and the mayhem of murder and madness. We have to keep it interesting so if you like different genres of movies and books then you're at the right blog. Our authors are a wide range of experts and our readers know what is top of the line in their favorite genres. Sometimes we post recipes that might be fun to try if a culinary author has one in her book that we think is especially yummy or one that Terri and I have created and want to share with you. Enjoy Guest Blogger Alice Duncan's monthly muse on her books and writing mysteries.

Plus you won't want to miss our book reviews, author interviews or our guest bloggers. So grab your favorite beverage then join us for some magic and mayhem! The good news is that you don't have to leave the house or your comfy chair. We have something for everyone's taste and every month we have a different topic for our bloggers: ones we feel that might be useful in your own writing and reader points of view. Not to mention, life in general. So join us and be sure to have a notebook handy as your to-be-read pile will grow as you add books, recipes, movies and t.v. series you won't want to miss. Not to mention folktales, myths or ideas you may wish to explore. Be careful what you wish for because on mayhemandmagic2 you just might find it.

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Blog: Merry New Year

I hope everyone had a beautiful Christmas and as we head into the New Year of 2017 I wanted to share a few of my 2016 highlights.

In 2016 I discovered new books and authors that will stay with me as long as the author is writing the series.

I discovered that short stories still capture my sense of adventure.

I discovered that binge watching movies is not a waste of time if it brings down your blood pressure.

On a different front of 2016: I became a great grandmother.
Reconnected with my daughter and her family. 
I also reconnected with my childhood friend and her family.

By way of youtube, I taught myself how to crochet. 

I learned how much my cyber friends mean to me.

On a sad note, we lost so many great authors, writers, actors, directors, singers, artist, sonwriters, musicians, comedians and people in our circle of family and friends.

The world dims a little at the thought of losing so many and a few I will miss is Zee I never met her but she was a friend in a group or two and I will always think of her as a special and a wonderful friend.

One actress stands out and that is Patty Duke. I also say there are a ton of character actors that I will miss.
Anyway enough on this topic tonight.
Now for my library moment, I was thrilled when some of the ladies from our library agreed to be interviewed. This way I could let our bloggers know that Parsons Kansas has interesting people, places,, and events. 
Stay tuned there will be more library adventures and interviews. I will space them out and I also want to interview more quilters, artists, and writers.

Until next time let love touch your heart, open your mind and a good book, then tell your own story and let the adventures begin.
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment