Friday, November 20, 2009

Best Books of 2009

It's that time of year, you know what I mean I am listing the ten best books I've read for 2009: Please blog us your ten best books of 2009.

1. The BAKER STREET LETTERS (Those who love Sherlock Holmes will devour series) by Michael
2. The VICTORIA VANISHES by Christopher Fowler
3. The GHOST and the FEMME FATALE by Alice Kimberley
4. The UNRAVELING of VIOLETA BELL by C.R. Corwin
5. BOOKPLATE SPECIAL by Lorna Barrett.
6. IN the BEST FAMILIES by Rex Stout
7. The CAT, The QUILT And The CORPSE by Leann Sweeney
8. MURDER With All The TRIMMINGS by Elaine Viets
9. The ALPINE RECLUSE by Mary Daheim
10. ALMOND and RAISINS by Kerry Greenwood.
Two runner ups were:
ONE HEX of a Wedding BY YASMINE GALENORN
FOR WHOM The DEATH TOLLS by Kate Kingsbury
I read some other really good books but these made this year's cut. I doubt in another month I would refine this list of books.

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I have not read any on your list. My favorite book this year is The Fire by Katherine Neville but I think it came out the end of 2008. I love all of her novels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marfe,
    You have got to read The Baker Street Letters by Michael Robertson you will love it and also The Victoria Vanishes by Christopher Fowler both are excellent and when you do your best books for 2009 pop them to Terri so she can post them over here, I can't wait to see which books make the cut on your list.
    Hugs,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete

Review: Blotto, Twinks and the Intimate Review by Simon Brett

Blotto and his friend go see  Light and Frothy;   a new popular show and his friend falls for the star of the show.  After his friend is k...